Monday, March 25, 2013

First Egg Roll

From the beginning I have said that if Walker wants to try a drink or food that we are eating that we will let him. When we were given the diagnosis of Short Gut, better known as Short Bowel Syndrome, I read up and found that children have a lot of food difficulties. We've had to play with some types of food and see what works and what doesn't. Some foods tear up his stomach and he spends his days on the changing table and other times we take a mental note of the food that agrees with his body. We have also found that having a routine or specific foods daily also help with his tummy issues.

We haven't had Chinese food since Walker has been on table food, or maybe I have only offered rice, who knows? But we had take out the other night and he was willing to try it so I handed him half of an egg roll. I wasn't quite sure how he was going to like it. We haven't tried giving cabbage or lettuce before so I was shocked that he took so well to it.

"I'll just have a bite"

"Hmmm"

"What is this delicious concoction?"

"Crunch"

"Can't a man eat in peace, Momma?"
He polished off the other half happily and then another half. He's an eater and we are so thankful for that. 

No comments: