Wednesday, August 31, 2011
But this morning I cried walking my husband out the door. Some of you might think it’s the hormones but it’s not. I love my husband more than anything in this world. To say we have an extraordinary love is an understatement. I’m thankful for the almost 9 years we’ve had together. To grow together, to find out who we are supposed to be, to really play out the type of husband and wife we want to be to one another, but most of all, I’m thankful that I have a best friend in my husband.
To love and be loved is one of the greatest gifts in the world. You are opening up your heart to someone and hoping that they see all of you. That they take all of you and hold you to the highest regard. But most of all, that they take your heart and treat it right.
My husband has loved me from day one, I’m not kidding either. I had a guarded heart and was slow to come around, but from the beginning it was completely obvious that God gave me him. I wouldn’t take back the time that I was hesitant because we both believe that we probably would have ruined our “thing” before it even got started. It’s all about timing and at 17 who really wants to find the person they will spend the rest of their life with. We needed time to be free and find out who we were. Even during that difficult time when someone always wanted more, we were best friends.
I could spend all day, every day with him. Sitting around the house, laying in bed, dreaming out loud together, doesn’t matter as long as we are together. I do have to admit that he was fine with leaving me and doing our own things but now things have changed. I used to be the one saying that I couldn’t sleep without him here and lately I’ve caught him saying that I stayed out too long and he couldn’t fall asleep. Makes my heart swoon! He now counts the days to the weekend so we can spend more time together. But it's not always puppy dogs and rainbows, we fight, we argue, and we get annoyed with one another. I always tell him, "I love you all the time but I don't like you very much right now".
I’m so glad that we will have waited 3 years of being married to have a baby. Some people think marriage is nothing but a piece of paper. Not in our minds. Marriage to us is living for the other person. We make decisions together, but most importantly it’s not “I” or “Me”, it’s “We'” and “Us”. We’re a package deal, take us or leave us.
I cried this morning not because he was leaving but because loving him as much as I do is uncontrollable. People cry because they are happy or sad or just need a good cry. I cry because when I love someone, I truly love them.
I love my husband.
I love our growing baby.
I love my family.
I love you!
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
My appointment went horribly! I have deep veins, which makes it hard for ANYONE to draw my blood. She tried in both of upper arms and couldn’t find a good vein. I thought for sure I was going to have bruises from where she was hitting the creases in my arms. She then moved to my hands. She tried my right hand and was able to get a little before that vein blew. Then moved on to my left hand in between my knuckles, got a little and then that vein blew too. I’m not a wimp to pain but that damn in between the knuckles try, hurt like a you know what!
After that I moved into the exam room to hear the baby’s heartbeat and he couldn’t find it. I was freaking out. I could see the aggravation in his face and just started praying. He said he usually has problems with that Doppler so he went next door and got another and what do you know! I heard Baby E’s heartbeat. 156 beats per minute. I scheduled the autonomy scan to find out the sex for September 22nd at 8:30 a.m. After that horrendous appointment I treated myself to Chick Fil A and a long leisurely nap. I deserved it!
Check out my battle scars!
|In between the knuckles. This one still aches.|
|The band aids hurt to pull out|
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Tomorrow is the first day of school for many and I’m having bittersweet feelings. I love school and the first day is always the best! Probably even better than the last day. I thought for sure that when I finished my degree that finding a job would be a piece of cake for me. And then unfortunately, the cuts.
But while I am being a Debbie Downer, I have something incredible to look forward to. Something that brings me more joy than having my own classroom. But believe me, I will be out there full force and knocking on principal’s doors come April!
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Last night we went to the Texans first preseason game, which was also Monday Night Football! For a first game, there were horrible attitudes and bad sportsmanship from some Houston folks. Not a way to start the season! There was SO much walking in the heat! I’m beat today and laying in bed all day. I’m hurting in places that I’ve hurt in before. Funny moment: right as we were about to turn into the parking lot, I bent over to get something off the floor and I heard a big POP! I had popped the wire in my bra! I was crapping up! My boobs have gotten so big that they are no longer a match for the wire bra! Funny funny!
So with my lethargic attitude at the moment, I decided to let you know what is making me happy at the moment:
|Laying down, getting ready to catch some z's.|
|2 seconds later. Literally.|
|A minute later. We were apparently SO tired!|
|Going to Galveston to The Spot! Our fave!|
- My blog makes me happy! It’s such a great way to share this experience with family and friends . I love hearing that you all are reading it and that some of you have shed happy tears for us! We love each and everyone of you!
I have more than those things that make me happy but right now I’m sleepy and going to take a nap!
I stopped putting quotes at the end of posts and I miss that. I found this one and it made me laugh! I’m always joking about getting an inflatable pool, putting it in the living room and delivering my baby myself! You know, because I’m a baby guru!
“People are giving birth underwater now. They say it’s less traumatic for the baby because it’s in water. But certainly more traumatic for the other people in the pool.”
- Elayne Boosler
Friday, August 12, 2011
I thought that I had included this video in a previous post but I think I somehow deleted it. This is when we made the BIG announcement to my parents. It was Father’s Day and we were at Pappasito’s. I told my parents to smile for a picture and on three to say “Haley is Pregnant!!”. My Dad’s face is priceless!! My Mom of course thought something else. She thought I said say “It’s Haley Birthday”. I was 6 weeks and had kept a great secret!!
Friday, August 5, 2011
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
In honor of his birthday I will share 25 things you may not know about Daddy.
- Daddy's birthday is on Nana and Papa's anniversary. Sometimes it's a double celebration!
- Daddy is 20 months younger than Mommy.
- Daddy swears that you will love him more than Mommy. I just don't see that happening.
- He cooks! And he's really good at it!
- Daddy has plans for you.
- He is the hardest worker out of anybody I know. He works so hard so that we can have whatever our little hearts desire.
- You will never meet another person who will love you through and through like your Daddy will. I can promise you that!
- He gets motion sickness.
- He never went to Astroworld/Waterworld. I'll be sure to fill you in on what a fun place that was.
- His first time to go to Schlitterbahn and actually ride rides was with Mommy. He was just like a little kid.
- When you're sad or upset, go talk to your Dad, he'll make everything better.
- Daddy is VERY big on bedtimes. You'll just have to learn to like it.
- He is also very big on family. His might not have been perfect but he'll live out his childhood through you.
- His worst habit is smacking. He says it makes food taste much better, that's an excuse for being lazy.
- He is a simple kind of man.
- He is stubborn in his ways.
- Nothing was ever handed or made easy for him. Everything he has, he has worked hard for it.
- He wakes up early in the morning and can't wait till you are here and he has a "buddy" to play with. I've already told him that you will be little for a while and playing will be difficult, but he swears that y'all will go to breakfast together and to the park while Mommy sleeps.
- He is going to be the BEST Daddy!
- He might not be the best dancer, but that doesn't stop him!
- Thankfully Daddy doesn't get in bad moods very often.
- He's very ticklish!
- He is horrible at spelling. Even with autocorrect.
- He is the most un-materialistic person.
- Watch how your Daddy loves your Mommy, that is the way love should be. If you are a boy, love your wife like he loves Mommy. If you are a girl, look for a man that loves you like Daddy loves Mommy.