Thursday, December 6, 2012

Teething

 It has been a rough couple of days and the only thing that helps Walker is getting out of the house. I didn't know if he was officially teething this time or not but he was showing all the signs.  But in this picture you can definitely see that Walker is getting his first tooth. 


Over the last couple of days the tooth has starting coming to the surface. To much of my disappointment, it is discolored. I am sad. Since Walker was on TPN for so long, the discoloring of his baby teeth is a side effect. Any baby that was on a lot of antibiotics like Walker was will have it. His adult teeth/permanent teeth should be okay and be the right color.

 I found this out from my Preemie mom group. I got upset that day and I'm upset today. I'm am so picky about teeth. I pick on my husband to get his teeth straighten out. One of my biggest fears in life is knocking my teeth out. And now my sweet little Walker is going to have discolored teeth. Pretty sure this is God's way of somehow teaching me a lesson. I just wish he would stop using my child to do it.

I'm not upset because of the appearance of the teeth but because of the ridicule that nasty little children will show him. Instead of a belly button, Walker has a large scar on his stomach. Now it will be his baby teeth.

You can't help but fall in love with Walker when you meet him. He is the sweetest little boy. All I want to do is protect him from all the evilness and I know I can't, and that makes me so very upset. 

No comments: