Monday, June 27, 2011

Baby E!

Well, Baby E is measuring at 7 weeks 3 days with a strong heartbeat of 158 bpm. As soon as I looked at the screen I started smiling. It's amazing seeing your baby for the first time!

I went to my appointment by myself this morning. R is trying to save up his vacation time to roll over into next year. Hopefully, if everything works out, he will be able to take up to 3 weeks off. How amazing will that be? 2 weeks for sure.

I'm measuring earlier than I thought because of when I ovulated. I knew this, so it wasn't much of a shock. Our new due date is February 10, 2012. Our little love bug! I go back to the doctor on July 25th for another ultrasound that will confirmed the due date.

Yesterday, was hell! I've been feeling nauseated a lot and have vommed only a couple of times. That ALL changed yesterday. I started to vom at 2 p.m. and didn't stop until 11 p.m. last night. My body was dehydrated, cramping and wore out. R was wonderful and rubbed my back, watched from the doorway, and made sure to have cold wash cloths on hand.

My doctor prescribed my Zofran and also mentioned that the fresh lime or lemon slushies from Sonic supposedly help with nausea. I'll be trying that. I also got a Avent bottle, nursing pads, diapers and TONS of reading material. I'll be sure to make those accessible for my husband! :) I also am in ketosis which he said is because I'm not getting enough calorie intake. It's a little hard to eat when you know that it will be coming right back up. Trust me though, I am eating when I feel hungry and it's not always bad, junk food. I'm making conscience decisions.

I met my Mom, sister and niece and nephew for lunch afterwards. Food sounded better than it tasted. I'm ready for food to taste good again. We drove around and called my Gramma and Grampa from the car. My Grampa didn't really say much but my Gramma started crying and then my mom did too. I sent a text to my cousins who were very excited and got teary eyed. Everyone knows how much I have always wanted to be a mommy. My dream is coming true and I'm blessed to share this experience with everyone who wants to join the ride! I then sent a text out to my good friends to share the news! I know texting is impersonal but I'm really not a person who likes to have attention completely on myself.

R should be telling his dad and sister tonight or within the week.

Such an exciting time for us! I can't wait for R to come home so I can show him the pictures!

As for you, readers, I'm proud to share with you the debut of Baby E!

No comments: