Thursday, November 17, 2011

Days 15-19

Day 15: November 12, 2011- Walker's ventilator settings have been in the 20's. It's at the lowest it's been in a while. Everything is is stable. He weighed 880 grams which equals 1 pound and 15 ounces. Almost to the 2 pound mark. He really has started to change. We like to look at his first pictures compared to where he is now.
Somebody's got their pacifier!

Getting comfortable...

Love my paci! Legs up!

Taking a break with one eye open. He knew I was about to take it away.

Legs up!


Day 16: November 13, 2011- No changes for Walker today. His levels are still the same and still low on his ventilator. He's doing so well. Tonight our little man was having such a good time when we were there. Moving and showing us how wide he can open his eyes.
Little man likes his fingers, OH NO!

My little bird! Love him!


Day 17: November 14, 2011- I will NOT make a big deal out of this, but little man has ate and digested 1 cc of breast milk! We were there at 9 p.m. tonight when he had another cc and she checked his stomach for residual. We are SO proud! Walker was very alert tonight, looking at Mommy and Daddy and showing us his eyes BIG time! Every night I sing "You Are My Sunshine" to him. Tonight he was kicking his legs in the air, like he does when he's going to town with his paci, and waving his arms. I don't think he wanted me to stop. He is the most precious thing in this world to us! You keep doing what you are doing, Walker, you are doing so well!

The face he made when R told him that Matt Schaub was out for the rest of the season.


Day 18: November 15, 2011- Walker has been on feeds for 24 hours and no signs of residual! He was on a very low ventilator for 12 hours, the lowest setting before they extubate. Poor guy was tired and they brought it up. I'm not worried, I thought they were working my little bird too hard anyways! Walker is weighing 2 pounds and 1 ounce, 930 grams!! I was SO excited when I saw his weight on his card! The milk that he has gotten has really changed his body. He color is really starting to look good now that he has some fat deposits!



Day 19: November 16, 2011-Walker has to get another suppository. Poor guy. He hates them. Pushes them right back out. I forgot to get bottles from the hospital last night so I'm making a very early morning trip to sneak a peek and get more. I have an eye appointment that is keeping me away in the afternoon.Walker pooped before he was given the suppository, pooped after he got it and then pooped again while I was there! That big boy is doing just fine! They weighed him last night and he gained 2 ounces! 2 pounds and 3 ounces is the new weight! The decided today that since Walker's leak in his respirator tube was interfering with his breathing, they changed it to a larger one. We're hoping that this will help Walker learn what to do and be easier on his lungs.
Daddy telling me "Goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite".



No comments: