Thursday, July 21, 2011

Early Pregnancy Woes

I'm not complaining the least bit, let that be known. But I can't wait until this vomiting/ nausea episodes subside.

Tuesday night was the most serious case I've had. Remember in my last post about my excitement to eating Pei Wei? Never again! When I woke up on Tuesday I had a mild headache I contributed to being thirsty and going to bed thinking about Pei Wei that I had made myself so hungry. Surprise, surprise when the time came to eat I took two bites and was done. I hung out at my mom's house for a while before I started to feel really bad and decided to head home and take a nap.

I really just thought that I would feel fine within time but that all changed at 11 p.m. And so the vomiting multiple times an hour until 6 a.m. the next morning. I couldn't keep my saliva, water or Gatorade down. I was crying on the bathroom floor with R standing in the doorway asking if there was anything he could do. Really it's all very nice that he's asking but come on, there's nothing you can do for a pregnant woman sobbing on the bathroom floor, gagging on her own saliva. He did stay home from work with me for the day. I called my doctor's nurse line to see if I needed to go to the hospital or wait until his office opened. She asked if I wanted her to page him and to be completely honest, I didn't want to wake him or burden him. She did anyways. He called me in Zofran and I passed out.

R stayed home and made me water when I needed it, helped me into the shower because I was so weak, everything was a challenge to do by myself. I seriously thought I was going to have to go to the hospital for fluids because I knew I was dehydrated.

I would just like to say that when I'm sick, I'm not a complainer. I do what I have to do to make myself feel better and go on with my merry way. Wednesday morning I felt like I was putting myself and my baby's health at risk and I was really scared.

So thank goodness I haven't thrown up since Wednesday morning. Today has been an okay day. I had a headache and then the nausea kicked in, R picked up my Zofran and some Whataburger and that was that. Zofran is gross by the way. Half way through the dissolving process I had to spit it out because I started gagging. It doesn't have a bad taste though.

Everyone has so many opinions on what I should do to help myself. Take the medicine, drink enough fluids, stop eating out, eat more food, eat smaller meals throughout the day, etc. My appetite has subsided. I think yesterday I ate at least 700 calories which is bizarre! I don't think I've ever eaten that few! It's not that I'm trying not to eat, but my body has a mind of it's own right now. I will be discussing this with my doctor on Monday.

No comments: