Saturday, March 10, 2012

Days 130-134

Day 130: Tuesday, March 6, 2012- Walker is now taking two bottle feeds a day. They said they might increase it tomorrow to four or five times but they just have to see. They don't want to rush him.

Walker's name has been put on the list to move to Level 2. I'm so sad about that because I LOVE our Level 3 nurses but that means he's that much closer to coming home. So, I'll take it!

Chub-a-wubba!
 Walker is weighing in at 3,310 grams. That's 7 pounds 5 ounces!

Day 131: Wednesday, March 7, 2012- Walker's bottle feeds have gone from twice a day to four times a day! Awesome news! That means he's getting 20 extra cc a day. Walker had his eye exam today and everything is looking good! In the pictures below his eyes look puffy. They scrub the area before they begin the exam. Poor baby. His eyes make mine water.



Tonight R and I got all dolled up and went out to the rodeo with my sister and brother in law. I was really excited but that ended quickly and I felt homesick. 

Walker's weight is the same tonight.

Day 132: Thursday, March 8, 2012- Walker's feeds have increased to 5.5 cc every hour and he's also eating by mouth 4 times a day. Go Walkies! He is gaining like a champ! Tonight he is weighing in at 3,510 grams, which is 7 pounds and 12 ounces! BIG BOY!

He looks so cute!

They had to put this booty on his hand because he pulled his feeding tube out was seen from the nursing station, waving it around in the air.

Before we left for the hospital this evening, I found a little package in the mailbox. I didn't recognize the return address and don't know anyone from that part of Florida so I made R open it. It could've been a bomb, or anthrax, who knows! But to my luck, it was these wonderful blocks that my friend A sent me! She kept all the Bumpies up to date about the progress of Walker's arrival. I LOVE the blocks! Aren't they so cute?







Love them, A! Thank you so much!

Day 133: Friday, March 9, 2012- Happy 19 week birthday, Walker! Adjusted age: 4 weeks.

So today's a big day for Mr. Walker! He is being transitioned off of continuous feeds to bolus. That means that instead of constantly being fed throughout the day, he will go two hours continuous with one hour off. This is the way to transition to every four hours on the feeding tube. Eventually we will be increasing the bottle feeds and hopefully discontinue the feeding tube. He is still at 4 bottle feeds a day. Slow and steady wins the race!


Walker is weighing the same as last night.

Day 134: Saturday, March 10, 2012- Walker is taking 20 cc every 2 hours now. His orders have been written. He's moving to Level 2. Before it was just talk but they were going to move him today if a bed space came open, so possibly tomorrow. This Momma is sad. It's bittersweet. I know it's one, giant step closer to coming home, but I LOVE his primary nurses. Thankfully he gets another night with Nurse Esther! Poor Courtney is out of town.

Today Baby Hernandez went home. They were right across from us and were our first NICU friends. I was really sad. 1. I didn't get to say goodbyes and I hate goodbyes, but dang. 2. I wished it was us going home.

Our mission in Level 2 is get to full feeds and then full bottle feeds. Walker will most likely come home on TPN. The only thing we are waiting to see is how long a day he will need it. I haven't really had bad days, well, except that anxiety/panic attack I had two weeks ago. Now that things are progressing, I'm so eager to get him home. I'm not going to lie, driving back and forth all day, every day is becoming tiresome. We both hate putting him in his bed and leaving him not knowing what happens after we leave. And the whole leaving thing is very hard! I can promise you when he comes home, we will be off the grid for weeks, possibly months, holed up at home with our sweet baby. And we can't wait!

Walker is weighing in at 3,570 grams. That's 7 pounds 14 ounces! WOO HOO!


"Maybe my hand has more milk"

"Dang it! It doesn't!"

"Lemme try again"


When you brush his hair down, you better take the picture fast. It pops right back up!

No comments: