Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Missing you

Missing someone is not about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time you've talked. It's about that very moment when you're doing something and wishing they were right there with you.

My brother passed away 2 years ago. I still remember everything...Everything.

At the time, my sister and I were talking about why God decided to take Nic from us. She brought up the idea that God needed him for something. Or that something was going to happen that Nic wouldn't be able to deal with. Since seeing my brother the day I gave birth, I think it was Walker.

I feel my brother around me all the time. When things are rough with Walker, I feel him around me. One time I even told him, "Go! Go be with Walker, he needs you. I can take care of myself". And then I didn't feel him anymore.

I'm not sure how my brother would have taken everything that is going on with Walker. I know he would have loved him, but he would've been very scared.

Today, Walker is having surgery and I told him that his Uncle Nici would be there with him and take all the pain away and comfort him. And I got misty eyed because I knew my brother was there in that moment.

I miss my brother every day; a little more than the day before.


No comments: