Thursday, February 9, 2012

Days 100-104

Day 100: Sunday, February 5, 2012- 100! WOW! You have been here for 100 days! Crazy how time is flying.

Today the surgeons came by and pushed the prolapsed intestines back in. Sounds uncomfortable; you however, took it like a champ! You are such a calm-nature baby.

Walker is weighing in at 2,200 grams which is 4 pounds 13 ounces. He is 44.2 centimeters long, which is about 17 and a half inches. 


Day 101: Monday, February 6, 2012-
"C'mon ride that train, WOO HOO, and ride it!"

He hates all this stuff on his face. He's getting so good at grabbing. He pulls out his cannula and tries to pull out his replogle, that's what all the tape is for.

Baby feet!

He never relaxes his big toe.

"Lullaby and goodnight, I'm falling asleep...do, do , do, doooo..."

"HEY! You woke me up with all that talking!"


 Walker is weighing in at 2,240 grams, 4 pounds 15 ounces.



Day 102: Tuesday, February 7, 2012- We are one week away from surgery and Walker was moved back to his warmer bed. He will be transferred downstairs in this bed and will stay in it for some time afterwards.

So, Walker is doing this new thing. When he hears your voice, he gets super excited and can't stand to be in his bed anymore. He wants out NOW! He starts doing the baby flailing. Arms are going crazy and hands are grabbing his cannula and pulling them out of his nose, followed by trying to pull out his replogle. When he hears his Momma, he wants her! He's also really starting to root. Then he gets very upset that he can't anything and cries. It's an amazing natural trait that babies already know what to do and know where it comes from. BUT, Lambie will have to do until then.

Do you see this? Walkie has his arm wrapped around Lambie. Best friends forever!


Mrs. Wanda Sue bought Walker a very cute monkey outfit! It came with a onesie, pants, cardigan, mittens and socks. I made Nurse Courtney help me dress Walker up. He's not allowed to have his PICC line confined, it needs to be accessible at all times. That is why his arm is always hanging out. I'm not sure I filled all of you in on this. The socks actually fit too! The mittens were a lifesaver! He needs to keep those things under control!   It's very important to me to have photos of Walker in the things that people have bought him.




When I left he was sleeping peacefully in his bed.



He's waving bye.

Walker is weighing in at 2,265. That's about 5 pounds ladies and gentlemen!
"Mommy says I sleep just like Daddy with my arm in the air"


Day 103: Wednesday, February 8, 2012- Today we received the news that Walker's PDA closed! We are so very happy! That means one less thing to worry about and one less surgery for Walker. Thank you God!

I did not take any pictures today. I don't like that either.

Tonight R gave Walker his bath. I'm not fond of his nurse. f


Day 104: Thursday, February 9, 2012- My friend N bought this super cute outfit for Walker. It's like a wrap onesie, leg warmers and a "Mr. Muscles" beanies. 

"Would a Mr. Muscles please raise your hand?"
 Today, all the recliners were taken so I had a rocking chair. This was the first time to rock Walker. He LOVED it! He was in a trance and then slowly fell asleep. When I stopped rocking he would wake up. I need to get a rocking chair ASAP!
"This is new"

"I think I really like this"

"I'm getting very sleepy"

"Who told you to stop?"

"Not now, Lambie"

"Hey twin, get off me!"

Precious baby!

Tonight Walker is weighing in at 2,250 grams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Walker and Roy! Walker's Nana