Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Liebster Award


Oooh! Look at me! Hydrobabies nominated me for the Liebster Award. Joanna is also a preemie mom and has 25 weekers, Ryan and Aiden. We met under the most stressful but beautiful circumstances. Thank you Joanna for the nomination and for being a friend. 

The rules, for me, are simply to answer the questions that Joanna sent me and to keep the love spreading by nominating two other bloggers. Also to give you 11 randoms about myself.


1.  What is one thing that you are thankful for when you think about your NICU experience with your child(ren)?
- One thing that I am thankful for when I think about our NICU experience was our time as a family. I was super protective over having guests that were not 100% healthy which meant that it was mainly R, Walker and I in our little home away from home.

2.  How have your child's beginnings shaped the way you parent?   
- Walker's beginning has total thrown my idea of what I would be like as a parent out the window. As you know, I am a control freak. I let Walker take the reigns and I know that only when he is ready will he do the things that he wants to do. 

3.  What does a normal day look like at your house?
- A normal day starts out with pancakes for breakfast up at the kitchen bar. Welcome helps wrangle up the doors and take them in and out. He plays until lunch time, eats, and then (crosses fingers) takes a good nap any where between 2-3 hours. He still very much needs naps or becomes unglued around 6 o'clock. He wakes up and we usually begin preparations for dinner. He loves sitting on the counter with his very own pot, pan and cooking utensil, helping me cook. Dinner is preceded by bath and then a little TV time and bedtime. Which leads to Momma getting her time to watch some adult television shows!

4.  When do you usually blog? 

- I usually blog in the mornings. Walker does his thing and I get a little free time. 

 5.  Why did you start your blog?

- I started my blog to chronicle our journey of trying to conceive and infertility, but then it led to our journey of having a preemie. 

6.  What are a few of your favorite things?  (Can be anything - food, beauty products, brands)

- I love french fries, cooking, baking, entertaining, unsweet ice tea, "You've Got Mail" "Sleepless in Seattle" "Pitch Perfect" "Step Brothers", spending the summers at the river, wine, Italian margaritas, champagne, home stuff, warm towels, a cold bed, having my head massaged and my back tickle/rubbed, pedicures, They're Real mascara, I love makeup, reading, quiet time, reality tv, and all things Disney. 

7.  What are your most visited websites in your browsing history?

- Facebook and Yahoo are tied. 

8.  Favorite memory with your child(ren) so far?

- Oh my goodness, there are so many. My favorite memory is watching him with all his tenacious, achieve his milestones. He has this look in his eye, determination maybe, but when you see it you know he won't stop until he has accomplished it. 

9.  Favorite healthy food?  Favorite indulgent food?

- I LOVE raw vegetables and grilled chicken. I indulge in french fries. They would be my last meal. 

10.  Do you like to dance?  Sing?

- Every day and in any place. I'm not afraid to bust out a little wiggle and some notes whenever the moment feels right. 

11.  Do you consider yourself shy or outgoing?  Care to elaborate? . 
- I think I'm a little shy. Friends would probably think differently. I'm very outgoing and talk with strangers all the time. 


11 Random Things about me:
1. Before I had a preemie I was drawn to F is  For Family's blog and R and I talked about how that could be us.
2. My dreams come true, in a weird way.
3. My biggest fears are snakes, dark water, knocking my front teeth out, breaking my nose, and losing my child and husband.
4. I've only ever truly aspired to be a mother. 
5. I have an obsession with keeping my closet clean.
6. My other obsession is purging out the clutter from my house and visually purging other people's clutter. 
7. My favorite number is 2 and it is in no way lucky.
8. I've never dyed my hair.
9. I severely hate goodbyes.
10. I remember every thing. 
11. I love to learn!



Now it's time for my nominations and I'm nominating two mother's that have touched my heart, Kimberly and Casey

Kimmy,  I love you and think you have one of the biggest hearts I have ever had the chance to get know. You love so big. 


Casey, I enjoy reading your blog. You are never alone in your struggle with emotions and the life ahead. Writing about them publicly helps eliminate the shamefulness that others might be going through. You are touching hearts and your words could very well soothe someone else's heart. 


Kimberly and Casey, both have great stories and have been through or going through things that could help other people. Their stories should be heard because they are important. 


The questions I have for you are simply these:

- Tell us about your child(ren) and what makes them unique?
- What is your passion?
- What is the biggest struggle you have been going through lately?
- How do you handle the stress of what you are going through?
- What would you say to someone who is going through or went through what you have?
- What are some of your favorite of things?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What do you love about your husband?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- What did you want to be when you grew up? 

1 comment:

Jacob and Kimberly Palmer said...

Love it. I love what you said about having the time to bond as a family of three through your experiences. I look up to you so much. Love you.