Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

We were very excited to host our first holiday in the new house. Our house has a lot of bushes that is perfect for hiding eggs.

I LOVE BREAKFAST FOOD! It's my favorite. I could eat it for every meal. So I planned a brunch filled Easter menu. There was so much food. We had cinnamon french toast casserole which taste like bread pudding, OMG! It's heaven. We also had: eggs, sausage, kolaches, bacon, tortillas, toast, potatoes, bruschetta, and I also made funeral potatoes. Oh yes and my legendary Rice Krispie Treats. I had my mom order a Nothing but Bundt cake because I figure it would be the icing on the cake. We were all so pleasantly full from the breakfast that the cake and treats weren't ate. That was such a great day!

When planning Easter, I remembered last year how my brother Paul bough confetti eggs and how much fun they were. I made sure that when I saw them out at Wal-Mart to pick them up. I bought 5 dozen back in March. I told my family I would cook and that they were in charge of the eggs. So that left my sister and my mother to come up with something. Clearly they didn't communicate and we ended up with almost 12 dozen confetti eggs PLUS plastic filled eggs. Fun! Walker was NOT a fan of the confetti eggs and having confetti in his hair. When his hair is fixed, he HATES when people mess with it. (it's funny because a couple days after Easter there was still confetti on the back porch and he would see it and touch his hair to make sure it wasn't in there).

Breaking out the door!

RUN! RUN! RUN!

"Got one!"

"Not edible!"

Confetti Egg!

NOT HAPPY!

Adam getting R with a confetti egg.

Nana and Papa with all the grandkids. Great picture! 

Standard happy family photo...

....then this happened....

...which led to this epic family photo!

The guys! 

No comments: