Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Walker is super loved and he had many gifts to show for it on this Valentine's Day. I can't believe that he was still in the hospital anticipating his surgery tomorrow, a year ago. Time has really flown by.
2-14-2012

"There's nothing to see here. Just a little something from Uncle P"
I dropped Walker off at Nana's house for some comfort time. I went to my friend Christie's house for some girl time and to make these amazing sugar cookies. I'm serious, they are to die for!  Uncle Paul bought Walker his very own Valentine's heart with a dog on it and a heart shaped M&M's. He then cooked Walker a Valentine's lunch.

After slaving away at  baking cookies I went to pick Walker up and brought him home to find a card from his favorite Twinsies from Colorado!
"And she writes: Give me candy and all the cookies and lots of love. The end". It kind of looks like he is reading, right?

"This is personal, Momma"

"this.is.for.my.eyes.only"

"Look how cute that puppy is!"
He loves his girls Quinny and Audrey. Walker and I also got a card from our mom's group Valentine Elfster, Katy and Harper from New Jersey. I had to throw the card away because Walker was obsessed with the glitter. He was licking it off. You can see where the problem was. Thanks Katy and Harper!

R and I have this tradition that started back in, I don't know, 2006? We tried to go out for Valentine's to a nice restaurant and the crowd was horrendous, so we went to Fuddrucker's. We started going every year and eventually my family started celebrating with us. I think people are starting to catch on to our tradition. Fuddrucker's had a lot of people in there tonight.

He was stuffed! 
Walker enjoyed his first Valentine's Day at Fuddrucker's. He was stuffed and ready for bed.

I do have to give major props to my husband for again showering me with my favorite, Godiva chocolate covered strawberries. He goes out of his way from work to do this for me and I am very thankful for it. He had candy and two cards waiting for him this morning.
-----------------------------------------------------

February 14 is a sad day for our family. Our last time as a family to celebrate the holiday was in 2010. This day is always filled with sadness in our hearts and minds. Today marks the last day I would hear or see my brother. He would pass away in the early hours on the 15th. We miss you, Nic. Every day. Every minute. Every second. You were loved more than you could have ever imagined.

No comments: