Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Walker

To my sweet boy Walker,

Today is your birthday. You have been here for 366 days, it was a leap year, and I am blessed with the title of being your mom. I cannot believe you are already a year. It seems like your were just born but at the same time, like you have been here forever.

You are wonderful. You are beautiful. I love you so much, I don't think you will ever know just how much. Sometimes your dad and I just stare at you and wonder how we were so lucky. We can't believe you are ours.

It is a strange feeling to think that you were that little baby that weighed a mere 1 pound 14 ounces. Look what a year has done for you. Well, what you have done in a year's span. You are a miracle. The first couple months were very, very hard on us. We never gave up faith that you would make it pass all of the obstacles that were thrown at you. We knew that God had a purpose for not only you but for us as a family. It is very hard to look back and think of the beginning. In all the bad times, you shined through. You are the most perfect creation.

I have loved spending every minute with you. I love to hear your small voice get louder and louder. I love your squeaky little laugh that is so contagious, you can't help but smile. Your determination to do all things by yourself. I love that you need me for so many things and I can see the time of that is running out. And it makes me so very sad. You are the best thing I could have ever imagined. You make my days happier and my nights brighter. I am so honored to be your mother. I will always be your biggest cheerleader through life.

You have touched so many people's lives. You have restored faith not only in modern medicine but in God. You can not look at you, hear your story, and not believe in God. You are living proof of so many people's prayers.

I cannot wait to see what the future will hold for you. You have already accomplished so much in your first year, I cannot wait for the ride of your life. You are my heart, my soul, every thing that my dreams are made of. You are my dream come true.

I'll love you forever,
Momma

No comments: